Monday, September 27, 2010

Basic Everyday Bread

After a loooooooooong break, I'm back with bread!

I made the Basic (Everyday) Bread from Lillian's Test Kitchen (scroll down a bit to see the recipe).

What initially intrigued me about this recipe is the fact that it is made with almond butter. Previously, I attempted this bread recipe, and I loved it the first time I made it, but the second time I made it, I found it doesn't stay together (very crumbly), and then after a couple days I didn't want to eat it anymore.

Afterwards, I decided I wanted to a different kind of gluten free almond bread recipe, so when I came across Lillian's website and saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it.

This is how the bread looked before baking:

And this is how it came out:

In my opinion, this bread came out awesome!

I am so amazed at how moist it is, just like regular bread. And it tastes very almond-y (as expected), but in a really good way. I just couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised. I also liked that it has a little crusty crunch on the outside and moist on the inside.

Definitely try this bread out for a great gluten free alternative.



No comments:

Post a Comment