Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Byzantium

The second Winterlicious adventure for my husband and I was Byzantium. It is located at Church and Wellesley in Toronto.

After walking in and sitting down, the first impression was really good. The place was small but nicely decorated, and felt very cozy.
First up are appetizers: My husband had PEI mussels in tomato sauce with chorizo, while I had cream of celery and potato soup. Both appetizers were to die for!
Main courses were as follows: My husband had a lamb burger with fries, while I had goat cheese stuffed capon with tabouleh and vegetables. Both mains were excellent, but personally, I preferred my capon to the burger.
For dessert, my husband had chocolate layer cake while I had carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Again, both were very good but I still preferred mine.

Overall, the service was very good -- the restaurant was packed but we were served in a timely manner. Also, considering it was Winterlicious, the portions were good size and neither of us left hungry.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and I would even go back there if it wasn't Winterlicious.

Here's a link to the website for more info: http://www.byz.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment