Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

Dinner yesterday was, as the title suggests, stuffed peppers!!

This was a recipe from The Joy of Cooking, and this was one of two versions in the book (the one that contained meat, the other recipe did not).

For the meat, I used minced turkey. Other ingredients were tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, thyme, rice, salt and pepper. I made this after I came home from work, and as is usual for me, I like simple recipes that are easy to make and don't take too long.
I first steamed the peppers. After the peppers finished steaming, I sauteed the meat with the other ingredients as mentioned above. Once the meat changed color and was no longer pink, and all the other ingredients were mixed in as well, I stuffed the peppers and put them in the oven to bake for 25 mins. After 25 mins, voila!

Both my husband and I looooooved the way they turned out, and if the first time wasn't good enough, the second time will be better!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment