Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kamasutra Restaurant & Wine Bar

The third Winterlicous venture for my husband and I was Kamasutra. We went there on Thursday February 11, 2010.

This was a very nice place as you walk in, located at Bayview and Eglinton.
We got our coats checked for free, which was also a nice touch.

For appetizers, my husband had pomegranate chaat (puffed rice mixed with a bunch of other stuff), and I had chicken tikka spring rolls. Both were excellent apps, but my spring rolls, which came with a chili garlic sauce, were better in my opinion.

Main course was excellent as well. My husband had coconut curry chicken and I had butter chicken. These were served with rice and naan as is customary with Indian cuisine. I'm not sure which one of these was better -- both were awesome.

Dessert, however, was disappointing. I had blueberry cheesecake, which on the menu it said it was made fresh in house. Yeah right -- it came frozen and tasted as such, what a waste. My husband had ras malai (which is a typical Indian dessert of cheese with sweetened milk). This was good but not as good as the same dessert at Bombay Bhel, another Indian restaurant.

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, just beware of the desserts.

Website link: http://www.kamasutraindianrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment